How to Track UTM Sources in HubSpot with Hidden Fields
- First, go to Settings and scroll down to the left-hand side to Properties.
- Click on Contact Properties and then create a new property.
- Under the Conversion Information Contact Property group, create a new property for UTM source.
- For the UTM source, create a single line text property and make sure to show it in forms, pop up forms.
- Repeat the process to create UTM campaign, medium, and term properties.
- Go to Marketing and then Lead Capture, and click on Forms.
- Create a new form, click on Embedded Form and select Registration.
- Search for the newly created properties, and set each one to hidden so that the person filling out the form won't see it.
- Share the form and append the UTM parameters to the form's URL.
- Fill in the form, submit it, and go to the CRM to see the form submission with the UTM parameters filled in.
By following these steps, you can easily track your UTMs and see the source of your website traffic, campaigns, mediums, and search terms. This is crucial for measuring the success of your marketing efforts and building a list of attribution.
It's time to take control of your UTM tracking and streamline your process with HubSpot! Don't waste any more time with complicated processes and start tracking your UTMs today.